New in version 6.4, is the ability to manipulate the board, using a separated window.
To display this window, you have to press the D key or choose option Director from the menu of the umbrella (top-left of board).
It appears a window with the next elements :
- A main toolbar that lets you add new arrows, boxes and pictures and give them a name. In addition there are two options for copying main board to the clipboard or to save as a image file.
- Below are two toolbars, to be configured by the user and used to drag and drop to work board.
- The work board, where it is possible to move/remove all elements. To remove right-mouse.
- Pieces to drag and drop to work board.
- A button to "Clean main board" of new elements.
- A button to copy position of main board in work board.
- "Boards coordinated" : a check box to select if each change in work board must have an immediate effect in main board.
- An script zone, where all changes are noted.
- Column 0 = main board
- Column 1 = work board
- Double click on Information to change values
- Can be saved/restored with a name
In addition to using drag and drop, you can work with the keyboard and mouse combination.
The process is:
- First note two squares on the board with the mouse, using a mouse click on each.
- Second pressing a function key from F1 to F10, corresponding to the position of the elements in the user tool bars.
Example 1 :
1. Click on d5
2. Click on e4
3. Press key F7
Example 2 :
1. Click on b1
2. Click on c3
3. Press key F1
4. Click on d5
5. Press key F1
6. Click on c7
7. Press key F1
If function keys are assigned in this way, it can be used with this window closed and directly over main board, only it is necessary to remember which visual element is assigned to each function key.
Also two additional function keys :
- Ctrl-F1 : to remove last visual element added.
- Ctrl-F2 : to remove all visual elements added.