The next version will be the 9, I have no date for its publication, the most likely to take at least one year, in the meantime I will publish the development version from time to time.
- Playing in general:
- Tutor opinion saved (when option marked in configuration), even when it is the same as user move. (ADT)
- When playing opponent then changed cursor (and doesn´t show a message) (?)
- Keyboard changed to support indicating moves by keyboard (Robert Anderson), now f=flip, c=save pgn, i=save png img, d=director, needs Alt.
- Can be stablished main window as top window in relation other programs. (Red Hood)
- Analysis of a game-> option to show histogram. (ADT)
- Lucas elo:
- It is possible to play against all better engines, even from beginning. (?+++)
- Playing against any engine:
- Tutor used and tutor general are now the same. (ADT)
- Shows arrows with the thought of opponent. (Michele)
- Opening selection, can be selected by mouse, and with the depth the user wants, allowing non standard.
- Option to select a poliglot book and that their moves are mandatory.
- Added second chance option, then when move is not the better, program shows the number of better moves and user can select to rethink. (Remes)
- Warm when zeitnot can be set (bbbaro25us,Rui Grafino), and the sound associated.
- Playing like a GM:
- Internally changed, it is incompatible with previous versions.
- Can be selected the opening. (Adrijan)
- Bypass moves in a book. (Jeremy Bernstein)
- Databases can be placed in any folder. (?)
- Support to STS: Strategic Test Suite, More info Authors: Dan Corbit & Swaminathan
- Added square markers
- Training openings:
- Changed interface to select opening
- Stockfish 5
- Tarrasch Toy 0.905 (0.906 creates log)
- Always use tutor engine.
- Enhanced analysis, now can be asked for new current analysis as engine is working in background. (Nils Andersson)
- Determine your calculating power:
- Added possibility to repeat a training (Swaminathan)
- Option to enable or disable as top window(always visible or not) (thetasquared)
1a: 26/8/2014: fixed two bugs (Comment #1)
1b: 28/8/2014: fixed bug in "Play like a GM" when importing games. (Ramesh P.)
1c: 31/8/2014: Playing against any engine, tutor analysis is always added. (ADT)