The first official binary version of Lucas Chess on Linux has just been released.
It has only been made possible by the great work done by Laudecir Daniel, choosing and compiling the 67 engines, as well as laying the groundwork so that the binaries can be more widely used and others such as shortcut creation, installation scripts, ......
In addition, Graham O'Neill has provided Linux-specific drivers for several digital boards.
This version has two limitations:
- 64-bit Linux OS only.
- Minimum GNU libc version: 2.26 (ldd --version shows it)
Installation has been made as simple as possible:
- The installer is a .sh file, generated with the makeself tool, and can be downloaded from:
- The file must be run from a terminal with user permissions only:
- sh ./LucasChessR123_LINUX.sh
- Launches a GUI with very basic options:
- Installs in LucasChessR folder inside the home user folder.
- Generates a shortcut in Applications > Games
- Launch the application at the end when pressing Close.
- Plays Lucas Chess without installing only to test.