Thanks to the ideas contributed by Daniel Trebejo, bolokay and Ransith Fernando (edited 6/12/2011, unpardonable omission), it were added to new version other options allow you to train tactical positions recovered from your own games.
The process is carried out in two parts:
- Collection of positions
- Training with these positions
1. Collection of positions
When you view a game with LC,
- when you just finished one,
- or you have read with the PGN viewer,
- or you have prepared with the option Training | Tools | Create your own game,
if you choose Utilities|Analyze, in configuration window, in Other options tab, you can indicate what difference in points is considered a blunder, and you have some possibilities for generating training positions in 3 formats :
- List of FENS: it creates a file containing a list of positions in FEN format and this format is used by the training positions. This file is saved in the default folder UsrData/Personal Training, and the recorded files in this folder appear in the Training menu|Training positions|Personal Training, allowing a standard training with these positions.
- PGN format: generates a file of games each with a training position. Within the program can be consulted with the PGN viewer.
- Add a training to "Find best move": new in version 6.1, and is a different way to train.
It is also possible to collect training positions from the PGN viewer, for example read a PGN with all your games, and select Utilities|Mass analysis of blunders. The configuration options for generating training positions is similar to the previous case of one game.
2. Training with these positions
With LC can be trained :
1. List of FENS-appears in the menu Training|Training positions|Personal Training, and can be trained in the standard way, with tutor support.
2. Find best move: appear in the Training menu|Find best move
Find best move
The aim of this training is to find out what the best move (according to the engine that analyzed) at a given position, and persists until you find it, after, you can see the actual game where you made the move.
LC Keeps track of points winned and time spent in the group of positions that make up the training.
Once finished, you can repeat and keeping track of the overall results, to compare our progress.
After a workout you can generate new, even reanalyzing.
Link to LC 6.1 beta 8 : http://www.mediafire.com/?vhn1l1867oi1946