- Visual changes, Options-Configuration:
- Mouse shortcuts, extended.(bbbaro25us)
- Some GM personalities added to tourney-elo by Michele Tumbarello.
- The use of winglet engine (created by Stef Luijten http://www.sluijten.com/winglet/), as a fast internal movement generator.
- Some indices in analysis, transcribing the ideas of Michele Tumbarello. More information in the document written by Michele : advanced info in LC8.pdf.
- New elo measurement system based on the database of games of FICS. Using WhiteElo-BlackElo variables to determine the elo of the game in a showdown on the type of "Play like a GM.". Games range is between 900 and 2700.
- When playing with option "Playing against any engine", there is a new option that help to do current move, showing an analysis window of current position. (Michele idea)
- when analyzing a game, and in case of detect blunders option is activated, now tactic training is generated (also appears in trainings positions), and two types of training in each tactic, one try to select a good move instead of blunder and the other try to select a move that take advantage of this blunder (some people talk to me about this and I don´t remember who was).
- New translation, Swedish, thanks to Nils Andersson
The first official binary version of Lucas Chess on Linux has just been released. It has only been made possible by the great work done by Laudecir Daniel , choosing and compiling the 67 engines, as well as laying the groundwork so that the binaries can be more widely used and others such as shortcut creation, installation scripts, ...... In addition, Graham O'Neill has provided Linux-specific drivers for several digital boards. This version has two limitations : 64-bit Linux OS only. Minimum GNU libc version: 2.26 (ldd --version shows it) Installation has been made as simple as possible: The installer is a .sh file, generated with the makeself tool, and can be downloaded from: SourceForge , GitHub The file must be run from a terminal with user permissions only: sh ./LucasChessR123_LINUX.sh Launches a GUI with very basic options: Install: Installs in LucasChessR folder inside the home user folder. Generates a shortcut in Applications > Games Launch the application at the end